"The company" or "we" means William's Serviced Apartments Ltd. of 18 Snig Hill, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S3 8NB (Company Registration number 10026466)
"Booking" means the booking for accommodation and/or any other services or items made with us.
"Serviced apartment" means the premises for which your Booking is made.
"Terms" means these terms and conditions.
"Websites" means www.williamsapt.com any other website owned or operated by us relating to a serviced apartment from time to time.
"You" means the individual, firm or corporation accessing or using this site, choosing to make a booking with William's Apartments Ltd or otherwise paying a deposit or rental charge to William's Apartments Ltd.
- Upon completing your booking and receiving your confirmation you enter into a contract with William's Apartments on our stated terms and conditions.
- Bookings can be made by persons over the age of 18.
- At the time of booking or before check-in, we will take your credit/debit card details and you authorise the use of this card for any sums that become owing to us.
- A booking will only be treated as confirmed when our confirmation has been given by email.
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the requirements of each reservation are met to the best of our ability, though no guarantees can be given that any particular special request will be met.
- We will not accept bookings of more than three apartments from the same party. Booking more than three rooms without prior consent may result in your reservation being cancelled.
- We accept, bank transfers, debit and credit cards.
- Full payment for accommodation is required at the time of booking unless otherwise agreed. If payment does not reach us at the required time we reserve the right to suspend or cancel any booking made.
- Payment for any applicable security deposit (see section 7.2) on top of the cost of the accommodation will be requested up to 7 days before check-in, and is required before check-in. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if the requested security deposit is not paid.
- Prices shall be charged in the local currency of the serviced apartment and any currency conversion facility is provided as an approximation tool only.
- All apartments are occupied as serviced apartments and are only to be used as temporary or holiday accommodation for you, or your organisation. They are not for use as the principal, additional home or residence of guests; you will not be entitled to a tenancy or an assured shorthold or assured tenancy. No relationship of landlord and tenant is created and no statutory security of tenure exists now or when the period of occupation ends. If you or any member of your party fails to vacate at the end of the period you will be charged the appropriate accommodation charges for the continued period of occupation.
- Your booking is for a type of room in the serviced apartment and does not guarantee that you will be able to stay in a specific room or in the same room for the duration of your stay.
- We warrant to use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your chosen accommodation is properly arranged and is of a reasonable standard. You must immediately notify us of any complaint, and in any event no later than 24 hours after your departure and, if we are found to be in breach of this warranty, we will at our option either provide you with a replacement apartment (if reasonably practicable) or refund to you the price paid by you to us.
4.2 Check-In and Check-Out
- Guests may be required to confirm their identity at the time of check-in, by providing their booking reference; their passport/identity card/driving licence and/or a valid credit or debit card, in the interests of security and to prevent fraud. The information above may be requested for each member of your party over the age of 16 and we reserve the right to refuse entry to persons who cannot provide the information set out above.
- Guests may check-in at any time from 2:00 p.m. on the scheduled day of arrival, unless otherwise stated on the booking confirmation,
- Guests can check-in outside of the opening hours of reception (as stated on our website). They will be given instructions of how to check in using our self check-in facilities. We ask guests to kindly prearrange this with us to avoid complications during check-in.
- As an exception to the above, guests with a booking of a duration of only one-night must check-in during head office opening hours.
- Guests WILL be required to confirm their identity within one day of check-in, though we may not be able to meet all guests in person when they check-in. We will arrange to meet the guest at their apartment, where we will require them to show their passport/identity card/driving licence and the credit or debit card used to make the booking, in the interests of security and to prevent fraud. The information above may be requested for each member of your party over the age of 16 and we reserve the right to refuse entry to to evict persons who cannot provide the information set out above.
- We kindly ask all guests to vacate their rooms by 11:00 a.m. on the day of departure. If there is a delay in vacating the apartment beyond the agreed time, a full days rental may be charged to you.
5. Appropriate use of your apartment
- We have the right to refuse admission to the apartment or eject guests from the apartment if the terms in this section are not complied with.
- You agree to ensure that nothing is done which may jeopardise our insurance policy or any part of it in respect of the apartment and its contents.
- The maximum guests in an apartment is determined by the number of beds in the apartment. If the maximum number is exceeded then we may refuse access to the accommodation and/or reserve the right to charge for additional apartments.
- You may not re-let / sublet the apartment to any other third party without our prior written approval.
Pets are not allowed in any apartment or apartment building.
Smoking is not permitted in any apartment or apartment building.
Guests are required to behave in a responsible manner, respect the apartment and their fellow guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10pm and 7am. This includes causing any sort of nuisance or disruption to fellow guests or using threatening or abusive behaviour towards a member of staff on the phone, in writing or in person. Guests are not permitted to use the apartment for any illegal or immoral purposes.
Guests are responsible for their visitors. Non-residents will not be allowed access to the apartments after 11pm and we operate a strict no party policy.
5.7 Prohibited items
- The following items are not allowed to be brought into the apartment or in any other area of the apartment block: articles or liquids which are dangerous, noxious, flammable, explosive or which may give rise to a health or fire risk; firearms; any illegal goods, including drugs; anything unlawfully in your possession; or anything specified as prohibited in any written list or notice, which may be issued from time to time by us.
- We can remove any of the above items from our premises without consent of the guest.
We expect the apartments to be left in a reasonable state of cleanliness and order on departure.
6. Cancellation, Alterations and No-Shows
- For bookings made through a third party cancellation requests and changes in dates requests should be made through that third party. We accept no responsibility for making cancellations and alterations for bookings made through a third party.
- Refunds will be given for cancelled dates of accommodation in accordance with the below terms for notice period (6.2).
- We reserves the right to treat an early departure as a cancellation and apartments may be re- let and cancellation charges will apply. Non-arrivals can be treated as a cancellation and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
6.2 Notice Period
No cancellations or amendments can be made within 7 days of the request for such changes. In other words, no cancellations or amendments can be made without 7 days notice, and any accommodation costs for a periods after 7 days from when the request was been made will be retained by the company without exception.
6.3 Cancellation, Alterations made by the company
- We do not expect to have to make any changes to your booking however occasionally bookings have to be changed or cancelled or errors in information or other details corrected and we reserve the right to do so. If a change has to be made or your booking has to be cancelled we will, if possible, offer you an alternative apartment of similar type and standard in a similar location for the same period. If the alternative apartment is advertised at a lower price, you will receive a refund of the price difference. However if the alternative apartment is at a higher price the new price will be payable. If you do not wish to accept a change or any alternative apartment offered or we cannot offer you a suitable alternative apartment, you may be entitled to cancel your booking and receive a refund unless this is the result of an Event beyond our Control - see below Force Majeure below. You should tell us as soon as possible whether you wish to accept any change or alternative apartment offered or alternatively if you want a refund.
- We shall have no further liability to you arising out of such cancellation.
All extensions are subject to availability and rate change. If you wish to extend a stay please give us as much notice as possible in order to facilitate your request.
7. Additional Charges
7.2 Security Deposit
- All accommodation with us is subject to the receipt of a security deposit that we will hold for the duration of your stay and refund on your departure minus any amounts owing to us (such as for damages or misuse).
- Payment for the security deposit will be requested up to 7 days before check-in, and is required before check-in. We reserve the right to cancel a booking if the requested security deposit is not paid.
- The maximum security deposit due for each apartment type is given below:
- The payment of the security deposit will be processed in accordance with the payment policy outlined in Section 3.
William's Apartments City Centre, One Bedroom Apartment: £150
William's Apartments City Centre, Two Bedroom Apartment: £250
William's Apartments City Centre, Three Bedroom Apartment: £350
William's Apartments Hillsborough, All Rooms: £150
We reserve the right and you hereby authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage, beyond normal wear and tear, incurred to your room or the serviced apartment during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing when you leave.
7.4 Mis-use/Failure to comply
- You will be responsible for and charged for any misuse of the apartment, misuse meaning failing to comply with any terms given in this document (in particular the terms outlined in section 5) according to rates set by us.
- As a guide additional charges for misuse include, but is not limited to the following:
- Smoking in the apartment or bring animals into the apartment: £150.
- Outside of working hours Mon to Fri (9am - 6pm), Sat (9am to 3pm), Sun (11am to 3pm) call out charge £50
- Lost keys, fobs or access cards: £20
- Admin Charge: £35
7.5 Interruption of Business
In the event of deliberate or negligent interruption to the business or other guests, we will charge the amount of any loss to you and terminate the contract. We will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
The price of your stay includes rental of the apartment, all related utilities, and once weekly housekeeping service including linen and towel changes.
The company provides basic use of Wi-Fi (charges may apply) as a utility. Downloading movies and other large files or playing games is not permitted and excessive usage may incur an extra charge.
The company does not provide on-site parking, but may be able to recommend convenient parking provided by a third party.
9. Rights of Access
We, or our authorised agents, may at any time access the apartment for the purpose of inspection of the apartment, and to carry out repair or maintenance work.
10. Security of Tenure
As the apartments are used as serviced holiday accommodation, they are exempt from security of tenure legislation.
11. Force Majeure
The Company accepts no liability and will not pay any compensation where the performance of its obligations is prevented or affected directly or indirectly by or as a result of force majeure or any circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to, flood, earthquake, extreme adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, other acts of God, acts of terrorism, fire or failure of electric power, gas, water, or other utility service, plant machinery, computers, vehicles or any collapse of building structures.
12. Limitation of Liability
- We will not be responsible for the loss or damage of any property left in the serviced apartment other than as required under English law.
- We will not be liable for any indirect, consequential or pure economic loss or any loss of profit, goodwill or opportunity (whether caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, contractor or agents or otherwise).
- We shall not be liable for the actions or omissions of property owners (where the property is not fully owned by us), or of any other third party.
- Our total liability to you howsoever arising as a result of or in connection with your booking shall be limited to the total amount paid by you to us for such booking.
- Nothing contained in these terms or in any other document referred to or incorporated in it shall be read or construed as excluding any liability for death or personal injury caused by the Company's negligence or liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
13. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning these conditions and any matter arising from them.
- Nothing in these conditions will affect your statutory rights and if any of these conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in law, then it shall be deleted from these conditions but the remaining conditions will survive and continue to be enforceable
14. DATA PROTECTION- PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PRIVACY
14.1 Reasons/purposes for processing information
- We process personal information to enable us to provide all our services as a hotel; promote and advertise our business, maintain our own accounts and records; support and manage our employees; the use of CCTV systems for crime prevention. William's Apartment's only collects personal information necessary to process a booking and resolve potential issues relating to a booking. We do not share this information with any third-parties. All information is stored on secure servers and only accessible by trained staff.
- Personal Information relating to all bookings are always stored on an encrypted secure server, We process information relevant to the above reasons/purposes. This may include:
- personal details
- family details
- lifestyle and social circumstances
- education and employment details
- financial details
- goods and services
- racial or ethnic origin
- religious or other beliefs
- trade union membership
- physical or mental health details
- offences and suspected offences
- criminal proceedings, sentences and outcomes
- visual images; personal appearance and behavior.
- We process personal information about:
- guests, clients
- complainants, enquirers
- offenders and suspected offenders
- individuals captured by CCTV images
- We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with the individual themself and also with other organizations. Where this is necessary we are required to comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act (DPA). What follows is a description of the types of organizations we may need to share some of the personal information we process with for one or more reasons.
- Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Guests and clients
- family, associates and representatives of the person whose personal data we are processing
- central government
- police forces and crime prevention organization
- We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
- These include:
- physical security and access to all Williams Serviced Apartment premises;
- all access to computer hardware is password protected, with encryption and default security firewalls in place;
- staff access to personal information is given on a need to know basis only. Tight controls, consistent with the Payment Card Industry standard (audited annually), are maintained in relation to the use, storage and processing of PII credit card data;
- Regular training of staff in relation to storage; and Otherwise in accordance with Williams Serviced Apartments Data Protection Policy.
14.2 Types of information processed
We also process sensitive classes of information that may include:
14.3 Who the information is processed about
14.4 Who the information may be shared with
14.5 How we securely store your data:
Subject access requests from individuals should be made by email, addressed to the data controller at email@example.com. The data controller can supply a standard request form, although individuals do not have to use this.
Individuals will be charged £10 per subject access request. The data controller will aim to provide the relevant data within 40 days.
The data controller will always verify the identity of anyone making a subject access request before handing over any information.
15. Web Site Information
The rates we advertise are to the best of our knowledge correct at the date of publication but we reserve the right to change any rates from time to time. Prior to the booking being confirmed rates quoted are based on the rates prevailing at the time but are subject to change. Once a booking has been confirmed we will not change the rate quoted unless you amend the booking or our cost of supplying the accommodation changes as a result of tax changes or currency fluctuations beyond our control. VAT is charged at the rate in force at the time of booking.